Thankfully the MBTA's website has their handy trip planner on the front page. Simple. Convenient.
Except that it seems to forget that certain lines exist on Fridays. The Orange Line has not existed on some Fridays.
This time, its a F**k You (Silver Line) Friday. It has been disappeared. On J.Airport's first attempt to plan our trip, you needed to get old skool and take the Red to the Blue Line to Airport Station. Not for me, thanks.
So I try and I learn of a bus that hits up South Station AND the Airport. On its way to Salem.
- Take Red Line - Braintree Sta To South Station
- 459 Salem Depot Via Logan Airport & Central Sq
Well, damn. Why did the T build a Silver Line anyway? The magic number is 459. Forget that Silvery thing above the Red Line. It doesn't exist.
J.Airport points out that on Thursdays the Silver Line exists, but moves in mysterious ways:
- Take Red Line - Braintree Sta To South Station view route
- Sl1 Logan Airport view route
- Sl1 Silver Line South Station view route
- Walk For 11 Mins. To Terminal C, Logan Airport Walk approx. 2 blocks W on Terminal E.
Turn right on Ramp.
Walk approx. 1 block NW on Ramp.
Walk straight on Terminal E.
Walk a short distance NW on Terminal E.
J.Airport: Get out of the bus. Get back on the bus. Ride past Terminal C. Get off the Bus at Terminal E. Walk on the Highway ramps back to Terminal C.